Thursday, November 14, 2013

Build


The final product.

I spent a lot of time agonizing over the simplicity of this piece, feeling guilty for I not putting more detail into it. When it came down to it, though, I realized that the reason I couldn't come up with a better way to go about this piece was because this is what build is to me at this point. A precarious structure, something that has taken a lot of effort, but something I feel is unstable, ready to fall at any time. When I think of build, I think of how I want the structure to be stable. I want to feel calm, safe, like I can trust what I've built up. I've been going through an incredible amount of anxiety lately, mostly for no obvious reason, to the point where my body is constantly in pain from the stress. Everything in me is crying out for some serenity. I guess that's more or less what this piece was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment